Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 2 of the Madness that is the NFL

Well with the first week of the 2015 NFL season in the wraps and now that we’ve seen that Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning lets get into some predictions for this Sunday’s matchups. As a lifelong Eagles fan it is my belief that they are poised to score big this Sunday against the Cowboys. Fresh off of a stunning loss to the Falcons I think the Eagles are going to come out strong in their home opener and I would lock up running back Darren Sproles and throw him into your line-up as a flex play in PPR leagues. He’s still got some value in traditional scoring formats but in PPR his production could be awesome. Last week he had over 100 yards from scrimmage and if Sam Bradford keeps chucking it to him we might start to expect that on a weekly basis. I would however stay away from Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews because I believe they will be running the ball more this week but there production  will be split and I think Sproles will be getting all the touchdowns.
Now that I’ve talked about the Eagles let’s talk about some quarterbacks you should start this week. I’m pretty high on Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, and
Marcus Mariota for this Sunday’s matchups. Matt Ryan after just torching the Eagles new secondary goes into New York facing a totally suspect Giants secondary and I think he and Julio Jones are in for another big week. Big Ben fresh off that Thursday loss to the Patriots is going to come in big without Leveon Bell again against the 49ers. Meanwhile Joe Flacco after not being able to do anything against the Broncos is going into Oakland against a garbage Raiders team and I think he’s going to find his groove early and give you some great production. Then we have the rookie Mariota, he looked absolutely awesome against the Buccaneers last week and while yes they’re the Buccaneers and they’re terrible his week two matchup is against the Browns! The Browns just gave up 31 points to the Jets in their opener. Cleveland it feels like has been perpetually bad and I expect Mariota to put up similar numbers to his week one debut.
Let’s talk about some picks now, I’ll give you guys my pick for each game this week with the exception of the Broncos Chiefs but if you really want to know I had picked the Chiefs to win that one so I’m sitting at 0-1 now. Not a great start but we’ve all got to start somewhere.
Eagles over Dallas. (I fear Philadelphia may explode if this doesn’t happen)
Houston over Carolina
Pittsburgh over San Francisco
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Minnesota over Detroit (Adrian Peterson is going to rush for 120+ yards, you heard it hear first)
Arizona over Chicago
New England over Buffalo
Tennessee over Cleveland
Atlanta over NYG
St. Louis over Washington
Miami over Jacksonville
Baltimore over Oakland
Green Bay over Seattle
Indianapolis over NYJ

So there you have it, I’m hoping next week if you check back in I’ll be 14-1 with picks and you will all bow down to me as the game picking genius. Let’s be real that’s probably not going to happen but hey we can hope right?

No comments:

Post a Comment